Español English

IEA Logo

What about the immigration process?

It's perfectly normal to be apprehensive about the immigration process. After all, getting a visa is a very important part of the process, and doing so can be difficult. The first thing that your child needs to focus on is being organized. Having all of her documents in order will make her life a lot easier, and organizing what she needs with anticipation can make the process less painful and make the process faster.

Luckily, since students are probably not going to be moving abroad permanently, the process is much easier for them.

Visas are issued depending on how long a student will be in the country.

They also have different benefits. A child that is only going to be in a country for half a year will not have a right to work, but may be allowed to work if they are there for more than a year.

It is important that you consult a professional to help you through this process. After all, it can be difficult to navigate on your own. Here at International Education Advisor, we can help your family with this process. That way, you can focus on getting your child abroad without worrying too much about red tape.

What kind of proof will my child need?

The proof that your child will need varies greatly depending on the country that he is going to and how long he is going for. These may be required:

  • Proof of enrollment in an institution on official letterhead
  • Proof of financial ability
  • Proof or a receipt of tuition paper
  • Fingerprints
  • A passport and passport sized photographs

All situations are different.

As it always is with study abroad, there are no one size fits all situations. The visa that your child gets will depend on his situation, and may be different depending on where she is from, the country she is going to and how long she will stay there. If you have any questions, give us a call or download our parents guide here